Part of the 2013 issue of Svensk tidskrift för musikforskning (Swedish Journal of Musicology, STM) will be devoted to the subject of artistic research in music. We encourage submissions on aspects of the theories, methods, significance, possibilities, challenges etc. of this branch of music research. Suitable topics include but are not limited to the following:
- What characterizes, or should characterize, artistic research in music in relation to other kinds of music research?
- What important phenomena/issues has artistic research in music yet to deal with, and how could this be accomplished?
- How can artistic research in music develop and communicate artistic knowledge?
- How can artistic research in music be combined with other kinds of music research?
- ”Interpretation” is part of the practice of musicians as well as of musicologists. What are the similarities and differences between these kinds of interpretation? Can they be combined in a fruitful way?
- What challenges does artistic research in music face?
- How can universities take advantage of the competence of researching musicians?
- How can the results of artistic research in music be implemented within musical life?
For more information see musikforskning.se or Tobias Lund, Editor-in-Chief (email@example.com)