The activities arranged by Konstnärliga forskarskolan were of various kind, aiming at iniatiating and supporting a national infrastructure in the area of postgraduate education and research in the field of arts, as well as at challenging and inspiring the participating artists in their work.
Semester meetings: twice a year there was a larger meeting gathering all the artists, supervisors and other interested researchers and artists. These meetings were hosted by and arranged in collaboration with the participating schools and universities, from 2012 and onward programmed by program committees formed by smaller groups of the associated artists. The programming and organisation corresponded to the mandatory course “Development of formats for collaboration in and communication and challenge of artistic research” (4,5 ECTS-credits). Participation in the semester meetings was mandatory for the artists associated to Konstnärliga forskarskolan, and supervisors were recommended to award 1,5 hp for the active participation in each attended meeting.
- 1st semester meeting Gothenburg 6-9 September 2010 (presentations of artist’s projects)
- 2nd semester meeting Malmö 7-9 February 2011 (open space on course formats and content)
- 3rd semester meeting (EUFRAD) Stockholm 27-30 September 2011 (on documentation)
- 4th semester meeting Gothenburg 19-21 March 2012 (on dialogues)
- 5th semester meeting Stockholm 24-26 September 2012 (poetics of relation/beyond factual)
- 6th semester meeting Malmö 25-27 March 2013 (on performative spaces)
- 7th semester meeting Borås 23-25 September 2013 (performance and patterning)
- 8th semester meeting Fårö/Gotland 25-28 April 2014 (location/creation, film/music, walking/talking)
- 9th semester meeting Belgrade 3-6 May 2015 (institutions vs self-organisation and self-institutionalisation)
workshops/seminars: Konstnärliga forskarskolan offered a wide range of 1-3 day workshops and seminars with invited artists and researchers on given topics, each accredited by 1 hp. The program and content of these workshops/seminars was designed in an ongoing dialogue with the associated artists, often in collaboration with art institutions.
- “Systems Aesthetics and the Multitudinous Forms of Conceptualism”. 5-6 December 2012 in Stockholm with Luke Skrebowski.
- “Gender in Opera Performance” 17 May 2012 Stockholm, with Kent Sjöström.
- “Documenta 13″. Konstnärliga forskarskolan organized a course in relation to Documenta 13 in Kassel 17-20 June 2012.
- “Theatricality in the City”,with Stefan Kaegi, Rimini Protokoll 21-23 August 2012 in Berlin.
- “Laurie Anderson: Songs and Stories” 13 – 14 September 2012 in Uppsala
- “Weaving politics” 14-16 December 2012, Stockholm
- “Language as a protocol for sharing, and crowdsourcing as a tool for democratising democracy” with Smári McCarthy 17-18 January 2013, Stockholm
- “The Textual and the Material: Entangled Perspectives” with Marie-Louise Angerer, 5- 6 February 2013, Stockholm
- “Athlete in Bed” with Mike Sperlinger, (18) 19 April 2013, Stockholm
- ”What comes first, the chicken or the egg?” with Hotel Pro Forma 26-27 August 2013, Copenhagen
- “Mending socks in moonlight is not done in a minute” at and with FilmForm 25-26 November 2013, Stockholm
- “Brecht, Art and Politics” with Kent Sjöström 20-23 March 2014, Berlin
- “The Oblique Intention of Obscenity” with Marta Kuzma and Pablo Lafuente 2-3 April 2014, Stockholm
- “Composer-Performer Interaction in Contemporary Music” with Caterina Leite Domenici 4-5 June 2014, Malmö
- “Festival del Film Locarno” with Tobias Hering 7-11 August 2014, Locarno, Switzerland.
- “Ultima- politics, intermediality and contemporary art music” 18-19 September 2014, Oslo
- “Investigative publishing” with Cecilia Grönberg, Jonas Magnusson, Tan Lin, Anne Moeglin-Delcroix & Sylvie Boulanger 5-7 November, Stockholm
- “Editorial poetry: the poetic utterance as circulation and re(materialization)” with Beata Berggren & Martin Högström 21-23 November, Marseille
- “Tacit or Loud: Where is the Knowledge in Art?” 28 Nov- 3 Dec, Malmö
- “Choreo_Poetics of Disenchantment” with Cristina Caprioli, André Lepecki & Irit Rogoff 5-7 December, Stockholm
- “The Individual and the Group” with Ed Webb-Ingall & Rehana Zaman 2-4 March, Stockholm
- “The Victims of Modernization” with Akay & Klisterpete 18-20 May, Stockholm
- “How Is To Be Done? Feminism, Art, Capitalism” with Angela Dimitrikaki 12-13 June, Stockholm
- “Translate, Intertwine, Transgress”, 11-13 June, Stockholm
- “Disordering Listering” with Cathy Lane 18-19 June, Vienna
- “The Politics of Form” with Renate Lorentz & Karin Michalski 4-5 August, Stockholm
Supervisor’s meetings: Konstnärliga forskarskolan supported and arranged meetings for supervisors and presumtive supervisors. More about these activities can be found under the heading “Supervisors” in the top main menu.
Administrator’s network: Konstnärliga forskarskolan initiated and arranged annual meetings for administrators of postgraduate education at the participating schools, in order to raise awareness and exchange experiences about the formalities and responsibilities involved in employing PhD candidates and documenting both educational and other activities. Responsible for the administrator’s network was Anna Frisk, experienced administrator of the postgraduate education at the Faculty of Fine, Applied and Performing Arts at the University of Gothenburg.
Librarian’s network: Konstnärliga forskarskolan initiated and arranged annual meetings for the librarians at the art schools, to help develop collaboration and knowledge transfer on issues such as information retrieval, archiving and publication of artistic research.