Zandra Ahl – Magnus Bärtås – Bojana Cvejic – Göran Dahlberg – Jörgen Dahlqvist – Corinne Diserens – Stina Ekblad – Simon Emmerson – Hans-Ola Ericsson – Claes Fellbom – Henrik Frisk – Johanna Garpe – Andreas Gedin – Lizette Gradén – Ylva Gislén – Lizette Gradén – Antonio Carlos Guimaraes – Hanna Hallgren – Lars Hallnäs – Karin Helander – Hans Hellsten – PeÅ Holmqvist – Rolf Hughes – Karin Johansson – Ola Johansson – Stefan Jonsson – Ingela Josefsson – Sverker Jullander – Anna Koch – Susan Kozel – Cecilia Lagerström – Hanna Landin – Maria Lind – Pär Lindgren – Anders Ljungar-Chapelon – Håkan Lundström – Nina Möntmann – Per Nilsson – Suzanne Osten – Henrietta Palmér – Doina Petrescu – Sergej Pristas – Göran du Rées – Cecilia Roos – Hinrich Sachs – Natascha Sadr Haghighian –Ana Sanchez-Colberg – Kent Sjöström – Barbro Smeds – Bryndis Snæbjörnsdottír – Something You Should Know: Artists and Producers Today (Patricia Falguières, Élisabeth Lebovici & Natasa Petresin-Bachelez) – Harald Stjerne – Clemens Thornqvist – Tove Torbiörnsson – Christina Zetterlund – Sven-Olof Wallenstein – Olav Westphalen – Johan Widén – Linda Worbin – John-Paul Zaccarini
Interested supervisors formed a network, with continuous discussions and mutual mentoring. We collaborated closely with the Center for Educational Development at Lund university in developing the structure for these meetings under the heading of Supervision in artistic research – acts of creation, offering participants the possibility to get accredited for the work in developing the role of supervisor, but also in order to gather and create knowledge about the problems and possibilities of supervision in this new area of PhD education.
Irrespective of intentions to complete a formal module or not, all meetings and tasks/activities were open to all participants. Actual as well as potential supervisors were identified by the art schools and invited to follow the activities.
Physical meetings were supplemented with a web based forum called Acts of Creation. More information about the curriculum for the course parts can be found here.
- Supervisors’ meeting in Stockholm 7-8 Oct 2010
- (knowledge, theory, mapping)
- Supervisors’ meeting in Malmö 8-9 Nov 2010 (supervision in general, in artistic research in particular)
- Supervisors’ meeting in Gothenburg 4-5 April 2011 (knowledge in and through art)
- Supervisors’ meeting in Stockholm 21-22 November 2011 (documentation of artistic research)
- Supervisors’ meeting in Malmö 5-6 March 2012 (the competence expected of the future PhDs)
- Supervisors’ meeting in Gothenburg 5-6 November 2012 (hands-on supervision)
- Supervisors’ meeting in Malmö 25-26 March 2013 (methods and methodology in artistic research)
- Supervisors’ meeting in Borås 23-24 September 2013
- Supervisors’ meeting 27-28 November 2013 (module A)
- Supervisors’ meeting 28-29 April 2014 (module C) (anthology drafts)
- Supervisors’ meeting 1 October 2014 (module C)(anthology drafts)
- Supervisors’ meeting 12 December 2014 (module C)(anthology drafts)
An anthology of essays presenting the supervisors’ experiences and analyses, with Henrik Frisk, Karin Johansson and Åsa Lindberg-Sand as editors, was published during 2015 in collaboration with the book publisher Symposion: Acts of Creation: Thoughts on Artistic Research Supervision.